Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yoga Is Getting Easier

Today was my third yoga session, as this is the beginning of our third week. We had early morning plans so we pushed our exercise off to later in the day. This could have been both good and bad. It's good because doing yoga first thing in the morning is always more challenging. Sometimes just getting out of bed is a chore. But there is something to be said about getting it out of the way right off-the-bat so that you can go through the rest of your glorious weekend day without the task looming over your head. Getting too deeply involved with your day could get dangerous. And today proved it. As soon as we got back from our morning plans, the day was half over and I was eager to jump in and start exercising. My husband, on the other hand, had other plans. The weekends just get too busy with other things he needs to tend to. So, I hate to say this, but today was the first day he fell off the P90X wagon. That left me doing yoga on my own.

And I'm not sure what was different about today. Was it because I had the WHOLE room to myself and wasn't worried about trying to squeeze us both into the small space? Was it because it wasn't first thing in the morning and my muscles weren't tighter than normal. Or was I just in a different state of mind because I was all alone and falling into the whole mood of yoga? Or am I just plain getting stronger? Maybe it was all of the above. I just had a really good session today. There is only one part of the video that I still can't do and that's the standing on one leg, bent over, with one arm in the air poses. Killer. I'm just not there yet. But I can do everything else and keep right up with everybody on the video. And THAT is encouraging.

Overall, despite my husband slacking on the yoga session today, we had a great weekend. He did plenty of extra work as he had a few hours of snow shoveling to do Friday night and Saturday morning. After our one hour of Core work-out yesterday, we took a 2 hour cross-country ski and today we went for two separate 2 mile hikes in the snow. Even though there are several inches of snow on the ground, I'm starting to get Spring Fever. I can't wait to get back on by bike (one of my bikes, any of my bikes)!

No comments: