Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It’s Official

I’m getting weaker. And I don’t like it.

This entire P90X week has been dreadful and I can’t figure out why. I’m unmotivated and I actually feel weaker. Last night was Chest, Shoulders and Tris and I had a good attitude going in. I know I’m strong in this area and last week I positively kicked booty with Chest & Back. I was a push-up machine. So I expected to breeze through last night’s work-out. Not!

I felt tired and I struggled to do many of the moves. I’m getting disgusted with myself. Is it just because it’s now nice outside and I’m resentful of the fact that I’m stuck indoors? This entire week I’ve been working out alone because my husband was traveling. I think that makes it harder. It’s just plain more fun to work out with a buddy. It motivates me and my husband always keeps me entertained. Last night was particularly dreadful as he just got home from a 6 hour drive and didn’t want to work out. Instead he went for a hike with our dogs, as I retreated to the ‘torture room.’ That just stunk.

The upcoming three weeks will be among the longest weeks of my life, but I’ve made it this far and I refuse to quit. I hope I’m not alone in experiencing this Phase 3 slump. Please, somebody . . . tell me it’s not just me.

No comments: