Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm Back

I’m happy to report that yesterday was P90X Plyo day and I sprung back to life. Thank goodness. It was the first day of the week that my husband joined me and his infectious, bouncing energy must have rubbed off. Maybe that was my problem all along. I was just missing him. I enjoyed the Plyometrics routine and decided that it is one of my favorite videos.

Tonight was our first experience with Back & Biceps and again, it wasn’t too bad. I felt much better than I had during the beginning of the week. We often struggle with biceps exercises at home because we don’t have enough dumbbell weight to challenge my husband. And I seem to be in an awkward stage where 10 pound dumbbells seem much too light, but yet I’m too spent to do too many reps with 15 lbs. I think tonight’s work-out was the only one that really gave me instant soreness. My arms feel like they got rolled through a pasta machine and I’m sure I’ll be sore tomorrow.

But I have to say, the pull-ups are much more pleasant these days. My husband installed what I call a “cheater bar.” Here’s a picture of our set-up. It illustrates the obvious benefit of a post & beam home . . . fast and easy pull-up bars in almost any room. If you look closely you will see a small piece of wood nailed up against the post. I use this to rest my foot on (and cheat) during most of the pull-ups. Now if I could just find a way to cheat so the skin on my hands stops falling off.


No comments: