Monday, March 31, 2008

A New Twist on Yoga

This weekend begins our second P90X Recovery week. Saturday we did the Core routine and I still think that is one of the best videos. Or at least it's one of my favorites. I still remember how sore I was after the first time doing it. I don't remember any of the other videos making me as sore. I think that's because I've been lifting weights all along. But the exercises in the Core routine, work the muscles that you didn't know you had.

Yesterday, I did the dreaded Yoga routine. The only reason why I sill call it 'dreaded' is because it takes so long. At this point in the program, I am able to do the entire routine and that feels great - a nice accomplishment, even for a seasoned yogi. My husband was very busy weekend and just couldn't afford taking the entire 93 minutes that the yoga routine requires. He is not quite as dedicated as I am - mostly because he often has to travel for work which makes sticking to the exact P90X routine impossible. Once you fall off the wagon, you're done. Which is why I am incredibly anal about not missing a single day.

In place of the hour and a half yoga routine, my husband did his own version of yoga. It's called Sword Yoga and I guess this is his creation. Look out Tony, Karlo may create his own version of P90X, but you'll need a big, bad, mean sword in order to do it. I have to tell you, I am strong . . . and I can barely hold this baby up. Check him out:

No comments: