Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Something Must Be Wrong

OK, something must be wrong. Why is it that I'm breezing through the start of my third season of P90X? I got through Core Synergistics, Cardio, Shoulders & Arms, and now the most dreaded . . . Yoga, without batting an eyelash. I haven't been sore at all and so far, I feel great. I'm just trying to figure out why.

I'm most excited about getting through the yoga routine. This is the yoga that previously nearly broke me. Made me break down and rethink my goal of becoming a yoga instructor. Made me actually hate yoga! I considered it the hardest, most grueling of the P90X workouts and here I was tonight strolling through it calmly and easily. I guess this regular and focused yoga is doing wonders for me–in so many aspects of my life. I'm thrilled.

The only thing that upsets me tonight is the fact that I can't track my heart rate during yoga. I had my chest strap on tonight and got completely distracted at the start of my routine with the constant licking of my fingers trying to wet the sensors. What a PITA that is. Why is it necessary to wet the sensors? Well, it doesn't even matter because I will NEVER get the darn heart rate monitor to work for yoga. It read a steady even ZERO for the entire course of the routine, despite the fact that my heart was pumping hard. It just irritates me that I need to be on the brink of sweating in order to get a reading. I am going to invest in a strapless monitor and see how that goes. Stay tuned.

No comments: