Thursday, February 25, 2010

Early Observations from Year 3 of P90X

I’m just about finished with the second week of P90X and once again, I sailed through it. The only observation (besides me thinking that it’s too easy) that I made was how impatient I’m becoming watching the videos. I guess all of Tony’s humorous banter was fun the first time around, but now I find myself yelling at the TV screen, “Shut up and get busy already!” Now that I’m wearing a heart rate monitor I find myself fidgeting and jumping around during his way too long bantering between sets. In that amount of time my heart rate will recover unless I jump around. It just frustrates me.

And on Monday I performed a little test. Shoulders & Arms is one of the easiest and most straightforward routines to follow without the video so I thought I would give it a go on my own. I had my handy dandy little work-out sheet and I went to town. I went from one set right to the next without much, if any, downtime in between. My heart rate was up and pumping the entire time and, get this, the entire work-out took me exactly 34 minutes instead of the one hour the video would have taken. Now if I could just figure out how to perform Legs & Back on my own. Or better yet, Tony puts out some new videos for P90X grads that don’t need all the yapping. I’ve said this before . . . the hardest part of P90X (for me) is the time commitment. I am determined to find a way to get the same benefits, but in less time.

No comments: