Monday, April 19, 2010

This Was a First

So I think I learned an important lesson about the order by which you perform the P90X workouts. For whatever reason (I truly can't remember) I decided to start this week backwards. Funny this seemed like the perfectly logical thing to do on Saturday. Then, since I already started the week screwed up, I further messed with it by doing only the Legs portion yesterday, saving the Back portion of Legs & Back for this afternoon's lunch time work out. Then I got home and realized more shuffling was going to be needed due to after work commitments throughout the week. I thought, "no problem, I'll just do another weight lifting session today." Well that was a mistake. I tried to tackle Chest, Shoulders & Triceps which is notoriously a difficult one for me and I bonked. This was the first workout ever that I quit before the end of the video. I just couldn't muster the energy to get through the final 3 moves. I am just amazed at how much lifting weights sucks the life out of me. Between yesterday, this afternoon, and this evening I am completely burnt out. As a matter of fact my wrists are almost too sore to type. Yikes. How many more days until my Recovery Friday?

No comments: