Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Identifying Fiber Rich Foods

After recently having surgery I've been instructed to seek out fiber-rich foods as part of my "getting back to normal" procedure. I didn't think this would be a very big challenge, as I know a lot about food and nutrition and the notorious foods immediately came to my mind such as prunes, bran, beans. But after making that short list I found myself searching for what else to add. Where else can I easily find fiber?

As it turned out it was more of a challenge that I thought it would be. I bought some gummer fiber chews and yucky powdered mixes, but this was hardly the best way to incorporate more fiber into my daily meals. When I'm searching for answers to anything health-related Dr. Oz always come through. Gosh, I love him.

I was delighted to find these graphics on his web site and I thought I should share. Perhaps more people would like to save these for future reference.


And now I'm going to work on trying to convince myself that the pumpkin pie sitting in my fridge does not qualify as my go-to must-have serving of fiber for today.

No comments: