Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Desk Yoga

Have you been too busy lately to make it to yoga class? Or maybe even too busy to change your clothes and do yoga at home . . . That has been my crazy life for the past month. I'm sorry for the lapse in blog posts. I don't even know where to begin to explain . . .

I seem to be doing more desk yoga these days than real yoga, but every little bit helps. Today I actually made it to the gym to walk on the treadmill. The weather here in Connecticut is still dreary. I blame myself. I already packed all my winter clothes, and therefore, winter is dragging on endlessly. While on the treadmill I was reading an article about yoga. It talked about how yoga shouldn't just be about achieving a nice butt. It should be the process that rewards, not the result. I was thinking how that sounds lovely, but I wouldn't be too upset with the nice butt either!

Until my life settles down, I will be reduced to desk yoga. In case you can use it too:

Release the muscles in your back with this twist -- While seated, cross the right knee over the left knee. Place your left hand on the outside of the right knee, and brace your right palm against the right elbow rest. Twist to the right, keeping your left sitting bone firmly grounded. Look over your right shoulder. Switch sides.

There, now doesn't that feel better?

No comments: