Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Buddha's Hands

A fellow yogi, a terrific photographer (Sandy Foster), and a good friend of mine took this wonderful picture of a fruit called Budda's Hand. She was shopping at her local grocery store (and knowing Sandy, it was a health food store) when she stumbled upon this ever so strange looking fruit. She was so drawn to it and compelled by it that she bought it, took it home to her photo studio, and captured this beauty shot. I do wonder what the fruit tastes like, what it's used for, where it comes from, etc. Perhaps one of these days I'll do some research. But in the meantime I'll just enjoy this unique piece of art.

Please check out some of Sandy's other work on her web site here: www.photoesque.com.

1 comment:

Sandy Foster said...

Thanks for the compliments, Paula. I'd like to do something for your readers. Between now and November 24th, YogaDudes readers who "Like" my new Photoesque Facebook page will be entered into a drawing for a free 8x10 print of this photo. Simply search for "photoesque", "Like" me, and post a comment under the Buddha's Hand photo. I'll have a random drawing on the 24th, so don't wait. Good luck!

Namaste,
Sandy