Thursday, May 01, 2008

Week 12 Completed

What a wonderful feeling to be done with the last real week of P90X. And it couldn’t have come soon enough. This afternoon, out of nowhere, my seasonal allergies hit me over the head like a ton of bricks. Almost instantly, I went from feeling perfectly fine to feeling like I was going to pass out. The sinus pressure in my head was causing my entire face to hurt, my teeth and jaw to ache, and gave me an all-over nauseous feeling. Yucko

Coming home and changing into my workout attire was the last thing I wanted to do. The couch was looking so very alluring. But it was my LAST day of week 12 and to date, I haven’t missed one single day. There was no way I was wimping out. So I fired up that Kenpo X video and off I went. I got through it better than I imagined I would. The worst, or funniest, part was during cool down. I stood with my legs far apart, reached my arms up high and proceeded to completely lose my balance, in one of the more ungraceful episodes of my life, and nearly ended up on my behind (with an embarrassing little yelp to boot). Thank God it’s over

I will reflect more on the ending of Phase 3 later. Right now I can’t resist that couch any longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the P90X completion.

My favorite Tony comment,
"Take in the fact that you just did that"
Yeah no sh_t Tony.

Maybe its the carb comma i'm in or your just funny. Your comments had me laughing so hard I cried. You pretty much summed up every feeling my wife and I have had so far. We are in week 5 and have had good results so far. I went from 220 to 205 already. I will be sure to let her read your log so she feels normal again.

Rob Johnson
Manassas, Virginia
rjinsure1@comcast.net