But anyway, I found this recipe in the latest issue of FitYoga and I thought they looked really good. If anyone tries them, please let me know how they are. And most importantly, did you feel more energetic??
canola oil cooking spray
2 cups organic rolled oats
2 tablespoons wheat germ
3 tablespoons organic light olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 banana)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup diced dried fruit (sich as raisins, dried apricots, dried cherries, dried cranberries)
1/4 cup 60-70% cocoa dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted nuts
- Preheat oven to 350%F. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread oats on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionallly, until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cooked oats.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish pressing down with your fingers to pack together.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden browon. Cool completely and cut into squares. Wrap the squares in plastic wrap and freeze or refrigerate for up to one week.